Posted by: admin January 30th, 2020
How to send flowers to someone (anyone)
- Collect shipping / delivery info for the recipient (name, address and, telephone number).
- Type “florist + shipping zip code” into search engine. Most accurate local listings will be currently on google, with bing following behind. If you plan to visit in person, you can always search for “florist near me”.
- Skip the flood of ads and scroll down to the map.
- Look at the map and find a local florist with solid reputation – if need be, zoom out until you find a florist you really like. If you have time, check the reviews from multiple sources.
- Visit your favorite local florist’s website. I personally, like to check about us / address and contact info to ensure that I’m really working with the local florist and not some affiliate call center overseas.
- If you do not know what your recipient likes, select something you like. You’re the one giving a gift. You can either continue with your purchase online or, call the local florist directly to place an order.
Keep in mind that majority of the local florists charge delivery fee. If you’d like to avoid delivery fee, you can always pick-up your flowers in person. Another great benefit of visiting local florist is that usually they have different in-store specials and gifts.
Place your order days in advance. Just because local florist offer same day delivery, flowers are always custom ordered and custom made. They’re fragile, perishable product which does not sit on the shelf ready to go. The more time you give your florist, the result will be better.
For peak holidays such as Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, place your order weeks in advance (would you wait until the day of Super Bowl to buy tickets?)
What are the benefits of selecting real local florist: Better quality of flowers; better selection of flowers; delivered product usually looks much better live than on the photo (florist have not mastered angles); better knowledge of local customs and flower availability, no need to diy arrangement by recipient, shopping local actually helps local economy and job market.
Scent & Violet, flowers and gifts is a full service florist in Houston, TX offering flower, plant and gift delivery in Houston, Katy, Richmond, Fulshear, Sugar Land and Bellaire. We aim to create fuss-free, everyday shopping source for flowers, plants, and gifts. It is our belief that we can create better relationships through gifting, better environments through plants, and better state of mind through flowers.