Bulk and DIY flowers FAQ
Frequently asked questions about bulk flowers and diy flowers buying process with Scent & Violet florist answered. Here we try to answer questions such as: what is minimum of flowers I can buy to is my shipping and delivery free.
- What does it mean: We need a minimum of 3 weeks notice for bulk flowers?
- How does the process of buying bulk flowers work?
- What products can I buy bulk?
- Do you have a minimum?
- Do you have blackout dates on flowers?
- Is shipping free?
- Do you have a free delivery?
- When should I have my flowers delivered?
- Are flowers already cleaned and dethorned?
- Can I leave my flowers in a box until I’m ready to arrange them?
- Do I have to pay sales tax on flowers?
- When does my credit card get charged?
- Can I change or cancel my order?
- Does someone need to be home to accept delivery?
- What time will you deliver my flowers?
- Do you have a retail location I can visit?
- Do you have samples of your products?
- How do I figure out how many flowers I need for my arrangement?
- Do you offer wedding consultation for bulk flowers?
- Do you provide classes on flower arranging?
- Where do your flowers come from?
- Why do product prices and availability change so often?
- Will my flowers look exactly as the ones pictured?
- I have a question that is not in FAQ
Earliest pick/up delivery date of bulk flower packs is 3 weeks from today. No exceptions.
- Set your event date
- Determine the amount of flowers you’ll need. (we recommend adding 15-20% more flowers for contingencies)
- Place your order online. (If you have any questions about your flowers please email us before placing your order at firstname.lastname@example.org )
- We will contact you to confirm your order and delivery details. Please note that if any changes in your order are required, you will be informed at this time.
Only products listed on our bulk flowers page are available for purchase.
Bulk flowers are bought in packs of either 10 or 25 depending on the product.
We do not have blackout dates on flowers however, during certain time of the year (Valentine’s Day, International Woman’s Day, Mother’s Day, Christmas) availability of flowers can be limited and the price of flowers can go up 2 to 3 times.
Currently, we do not ship our bulk flowers. They are available either for free pick up or paid delivery in Greater Houston area (Houston, Katy, Fulshear, Richmond, Sugar Land, Rosenberg, Bellaire, Cypress, Spring).
If your purchase exceeds $500 we offer free delivery. For anything under $500 our standard delivery fees apply.
Your flowers should be picked-up/delivered 2 days prior to the event. If you event is on Saturday, plan to pick up/deliver your flowers on Thursday. It takes few hours to clean your flowers and they need to be hydrated over night.
No. Your flowers come in a box straight from the farm. You will be solely responsible for cleaning and processing of the flowers.
Absolutely NOT. Flowers have to be cleaned and hydrated as soon as possible (ideally the moment you receive them).
Yes. We charge sales tax on all of our products. Exceptions are listed here comptroller.texas.gov/taxes/publications/96-122.pdf
Such organizations need to contact us in advance and provide appropriate documentation prior to placing and order.
You credit card will be charged when you place your order
Yes, you can change or cancel order within 48 hours of the date/time you placed your order. (Please see our Bulk Flowers Rules and Policies for more information)
Yes. We will not leave bulk flowers in front of the door and, we strongly recommend someone begin to process flowers immediately upon receipt.
Once we receive your order we will contact you via email to confirm your delivery details. We will provide you with 4 hour time frame on the date of your delivery during which time your bulk flowers will be delivered.
We are working florist with retail location at 12811 Westheimer Rd. in Houston, TX 77077. You can visit us any time during our regular working hours.
Most of the time we have samples available for purchase. (Please note that samples are sold at full retail price at our location)
There are multiple ways to determine the number of flowers required: Watching how to videos (YouTube has an impressive amount of DIY wedding and event flowers and some of them tell you exactly what flowers you’ll need); Count stems on the photo of the bouquet; You can email us at email@example.com for complimentary email consultation.
We offer complimentary email consultation to help you determine the amount of flowers required for your event, but other than that we do not offer wedding consultations or wedding classes for purchase of bulk flowers.
No, we do not offer classes on flower arranging. We recommend contacting Houston School of Flowers for classes.
We source our flowers from multiple places: USA, South and Central America, Europe and, Africa.
The pricing of flowers is influenced by market needs (supply and demand), weather, and world events. We try to keep our prices at lowest possible price therefore, they will fluctuate frequently.
No. Shade, shape and even size of the flowers is influenced by seasons, weather conditions, and farmer’s preferences. One same variety of the roses will look different throughout the year – so the chances are that your flower will look different every month of the year.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org